Auditions for our 2018 summer productions of Crazy for You and Legally Blonde will take place Friday, January 12 through Sunday, January 14, 2018, at Clark Street Community School (CSCS - 2429 Clark Street, Middleton) and the Middleton Performing Arts Center (PAC - 2100 Bristol Street, Middleton). Click here to request an audition time.
If you are unable to attend auditions, please see the info below about submitting a Video Audition.
Auditions for our September production of Sweeney Todd will take place on a later date, to be determined.
Friday, January 12: 6:30pm – 10pm (CSCS)
Saturday, January 13: 10am – 10pm (CSCS)
Crazy for You: Sunday, January 14: 11am – 2pm (CSCS)
Legally Blonde: Sunday, January 14: 6pm – 9pm (CSCS)
Sunday, January 14: 3pm – 5pm (PAC)
The dance call audition is by invite only. Please wear comfortable clothing, and be prepared to perform both jazz and tap. If you don’t have tap shoes, please wear hard-soled shoes or character shoes.
Anyone auditioning must prepare the following:
- 16-32 bars of a contemporary musical theater song.
- 16-32 bars of a classic/standard musical theater song.
All audition songs need to be accompanied (no a capella or tracked accompaniment). Please bring sheet music for your song, in the appropriate key. All tempos, dynamics, and cuts should be clearly marked and placed in a 3-ring folder (no loose sheet music). A skilled accompanist will be provided.
Crazy for You will rehearse Sunday through Thursday evenings beginning in mid May. We will present four performances June 28 - July 1, 2018, at the Middleton Performing Arts Center. Learn more about the musical here.
Legally Blonde will rehearse Sunday through Thursday evenings beginning in July. We will present four performances August 9 - 12, 2018, at the Middleton Performing Arts Center. Learn more about the musical here.
Video Audition Submissions
If you are unable to attend our open call auditions, you may submit a video audition. Your video must include 32 bars of a contemporary musical theater song AND 32 bars of a classic/standard musical theater song.
If you are auditioning for Crazy for You, you MUST submit a tap audition that includes the following:
- Maxi Fords
- Rolling Shuffles
- Time Steps (single, double, triple, and double triple)
- Any other advanced tap steps you would like us to see
All submissions must be received by Monday, January 8, 2018. Please email a digital file (.mov, .mp4, .m4v, .mpg, etc) or the link to your video on YouTube or a similar site (please make sure your video is set to "public") to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no hard copy DVDs or VHS.
- THE VERY BEST - Your video may be the only chance for you to show us what you’ve got! Take multiple shots and send us the best one you have.
- SOUND BALANCE - We need to hear your voice, the accompaniment, and tap sounds clearly. Make sure you and your accompanist are not too close or too far away from the camera.
- WE NEED TO SEE YOU - Please make sure you are centered in the video frame. While dancing, please make sure we can see your entire body, including feet and arms.
- SLATE YOURSELF - Before you begin singing, please make sure you tell us your name and the show(s) you are auditioning for. (If you are only auditioning for a specific role, please tell us that role.)
Callback materials will be available online the week of auditions.